A paper-based business card may look like it doesn’t hold much value. But it plays a very crucial role in helping you build a professional network. Going for official events or business meetings without carrying a stack of your business cards is a faux pas indeed! It is tiresome to carry a stack of business cards around with you at all times. With the advent of technology, today’s professionals are switching to digital business cards.
WHAT IS A DIGITAL BUSINESS CARD?
As the name suggests, it is a business card in the digital format. Nowadays, more people prefer to use digital business cards as it is not only very simple to create but is also hassle-free. You no longer have to worry about carrying a stack of your paper-based business cards with you everywhere you go. All you need to carry on your smartphone!
There are so many reasons why digital business cards seem to be a popular choice among professionals. One of the major reasons for this shift from conventional business cards is because people prefer to use their smartphones to access information regarding businesses and contacts.
PERKS OF OPTING FOR A DIGITAL BUSINESS CARDS:
1. Let’s face it, most of us end up misplacing business cards which were acquired during meetings/events. It may so happen that the information on some business cards may be outdated as well. However, you don’t have to worry about any of these problems with a digital business card!
2. You can update your contact information at any time in digital business cards. Your contacts will be automatically notified about the changes which you have made.
3. Why should a business card be boring? With your digital business card, you can add videos about yourself or your company. Isn’t that a great way to make a good first impression!
4. Syncing your google account/ iCloud with your business card becomes simple!
5. It is possible to scan the conventional business cards of your contacts. The text from it is easily converted into digital contacts.
6. Your digital business card also has analytical tools that let you know how many people are viewing your digital business card.
7. You can easily share your card via email or messaging apps like Whatsapp/Telegram etc.
8. It becomes easy for people to find your company as you can add a google map link of your business’s location to your digital business card. In case you relocate your business, you can update your contacts without any hassle.
9. Last but not least, you are consuming NO PAPER, thereby saving the environment!
CREATE YOUR BUSINESS CARDS
Digital business cards have indeed given a modern approach to networking. The features which are integrated into the cards have made it easier for people to build new contacts for their professional network. With a digital card, you don’t have to worry about common problems faced in paper-based cards like updating and reprinting. These technologically advanced cards are simple to use, efficient, and attractive as well.
Will you switch to a digital business card? Share your opinions with us in the comment section!